We’ve put together this page for media enquiries, so you can find a brief overview of our company, leadership, and key facts. If you need anything else, please email email@example.com.
Need a copy of our logo or other assets? For now, please get in touch, but we soon intend on making a copy available on Figma.
- Switchplane was founded in 2003 by brothers Joel and Tom Fielder.
- The company specialises in custom software development, providing businesses and organisations with mobile applications and web-based platforms.
- Switchplane works with the people within organisations to bring about meaningful change: helping them to free up staff time, to sell more effectively, to improve their customer service or employee experience, or to provide some kind of social impact.
- Switchplane works with directors and outsourcers across a variety of industry sectors but has plenty of experience in insurance, construction, manufacturing, travel, distribution and logistics, e-commerce, and social good.
- The team works using Agile project management methodologies to provide clients with a quick return on investment. This means regular feedback, testing, iterative working, and prioritisation.
- The team is based in Eastbourne but works remotely and uses co-working space in the town centre.
- There are 14 staff members across the operations and development teams, all directly employed by the company.
- Switchplane cares about the environment, offsetting carbon emissions and planting trees through Ecologi and Treekly.
- Switchplane also founded Chalk Eastbourne, the local community for digital, which aims to change the perception of Eastbourne, support young talent, and make recruitment easier for digital businesses.
Joel Fielder - CEO
- Born September 1978.
- Gained a 2:1 in Music and Sound Recording on the prestigious Tonmeister course at the University of Surrey.
- Founded Switchplane in 2003 with brother Tom.
- Commercially-minded, with expertise in software engineering, project management, finance, and marketing communications.
- Highly Commended Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 at Eastbourne Business Awards.
- BNI member since 2007.
- Accomplished flute player, somewhat less accomplished football player.
- Married to Jen, with two children - Freddie and Harriet.
Tom Fielder - CTO
- Born January 1983.
- Left college at 17 to study web design.
- Wide range of technical skills; taking an initial problem and then architecting the solution with high-level problem-solving and a focus on automation.
- Loves to play badminton and football, as well as video games. Has a keen interest in historical maps.
- Finds changing tech and great people the best things about working at Switchplane.
- Married to Donna, with two children - Eva and Felix.
Donna Fielder - COO
- Born December 1981.
- Holds a first-class degree in Social Psychology from The University of Kent.
- Previously Marketing Manager for a business psychology consultancy before then becoming Director of a marketing organisation that specialised in winning awards for businesses.
- Loves running, circuit training and the occasional bit of ornithology. Has a dislike for quizzes.
- Joined the Switchplane team in 2017.
Lewis Hobden - Senior Tech Lead
- Born May 1998.
- Studied Computing, Software Development, Maths and Physics at Sussex Downs College in Lewes.
- Joined Switchplane in 2016
- Has a keen focus on DevOps and strengths in back-end development and project management.
Sarah Cronk - Operations Manager
- Born May 1988.
- Holds a 2:1 degree in Languages and Contemporary European Studies from the University of Southampton, plus an MA in French Translation.
- Is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Previous experience in education, marketing, and project management, working both in the UK and France.
- Enjoys keeping all of the metaphorical Switchplane and Chalk Eastbourne plates spinning and clients happy.
- Likes travelling in France, crafting, and cats... despite being mildly allergic!